Hello! It seems you have stumbled on my homepage.
I’m Shreyas Kulkarni, a
first second year Ph.D. student in Computer Science in the College of Information & Computer Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Amherst advised by Dr. Amir Houmansadr. My primary research interests are in Security and Privacy of AI systems. Specifically, I am interested in Algorithmic Security and Privacy and developing robust learning algorithms. Other than that, I am also interested in Game Theory, Statistics and Fairness.
Before starting my Ph.D. I worked in the broad area of Adversarial ML at the National University of Singapore and was fortunate to be mentored by Dr. Prateek Saxena. Prior to that, I worked as a software engineer at Symantec building products on the big-data stack to help in Cyber Safety of consumers. I completed my undergraduate studies in Engineering Physics and Mathematics from IIT Guwahati.
My hobbies include playing soccer, squash, solving puzzles, watching movies and reading non-fiction books.
- May 2021: Awarded the Victor Lesser Graduate Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence.
- Aug 2020: Started my Ph.D. at UMass Amherst.
- Sep 2019: Started working as a Researcher at the National University of Singapore.
- July 2018: Started working as a software engineer at Symantec in the Big Data Team.
- July 2018: Presented my first conference paper at 2018 FUZZ-IEEE, Rio.
- May 2018: Graduated from IIT Guwahati.
Contact me at